Saturday, April 5, 2008

Editor's special weekend report.

This is ground breaking. Me suddenly blogging out of nowhere and during the wrong time. Well, if you all know me well, I always do things with a purpose. If I don't, I'll try making one. Actually, this post is dedicated to Friday. Nothing significant to others out there but it is an interesting day to me. So I'll like to note this day down before I forget or something happens. There's a few parts to it so I'll need time to recall. I''m no Protoss Arbiter.
1) Science Fiesta: It is the science fair. But no, there are no synthetic volcano with baking soda. Mansifield( a classmate and good friend. What's more he knows theCrew which makes his importance and value rise exponentially ), Christian( everyone knows Christian, unless you're living under a box ), Chia Siang( couldn't attend the science fair but build the car! ) and I went for the car glider challenge. It was a hotly contest event. It matters more to people than the North London derby or the Old Firm derby. There were a lot of competitors and by doing the permutations and combinations, our chances of winning anything were slim. But we broke all the criticism and we emerged 3rd. We hoped and anticipated for a prize. But there was only prize for the 1st and 2nd. Totally unorthodox and heretic to the way prizes were given in the course of history. I don't know why, I hope someone could explain this. It's all a deja vu. In my education career, I can only go so close to winning but never winning. "So near yet so far" can explain my life in five words. Just a foot of note, we were supposed to first if the right conditions were met, we retried the car glider and it have the potential to beat the number one hands down. But something like Manchester United against Wolves, we were not fated to win.
2) Due to unforseen consequences, we did not have cca for friday. Thus I embarked on a trip to accompany another bunch of my friends to help them in their photo taking competition. Although at the time of the event, everything look so quite and normal but they were doing a lot to take and get the pictures they need. I think photography teaches people about little details. Sometimes I need to learn photography. The people on this trip were Elliot( theCrew member!!!! w00t! ), Zheng Hui ( Zheng Hui's Zheng Hui. No more no less ), Deborah ( From the same cca. Know a lot of my friends too. ) It is really great to have this type of trips. Einstein said that "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler." I agree totally, trips do not need to involve a lot of money or too complicated. Just some simple trips to the park or something, all this leaves a bigger impact and influence on you than any other trips. The destination was Bedok Reservoir. I never liked that place really, anything related to Bedok. But it was good to go somewhere and step out of the comfort zone and meet hostile people and animals. Anyway, I really hope to have more of these next time, just hanging around and doing anything we like. It would help psychologically to just keep our heads refresh and just forget about school and all its rubbish.
These are important events I guess, of course there are more important things, but this are the little details. Yes, maybe I learnt something.

No comments: