Friday, May 9, 2008

Life's give and take

It's been a long while since I blogged. You can say that this week is the hardest I've experienced in my current school. The whole school's tension and fiery was raised to a entire new level. A few significant events in the school, one was the allocation of PW group. I was fortunate to have some of the most reliable mates in my squad. I was also appointed the PW leader which I had to accept without any objection since my teacher in charge is a women not swayed by comments, somewhat of a iron fist ruler to a certain extent. But at least we saw her laugh and have some fun during her class. I wouldn't want to complain or criticise. Just hope that our group can get along with her and learn as much from her for our PW to be successful. The task of the project requires a hell lot of work and I had to make up a plan somewhere before it's too late to save ourselves. Besides that, we had two practical tests. One for Chemistry and one for Physics. I think that both were good. Since I did everything I could to the letter of what they told me to. But there is still one more upcoming spa. The teacher told us that it's going to be difficult. There are also tests too. I couldn't believe that they would fix everything on a single week. I wonder if that is due to the staffroom conspiracies. Which is something like:
In the depths of the maths department underground meeting...
Maths teacher A: " Damn it. The rumors are true. Those people from the Chemistry department have finally initiated Project SPA. They're trying to collect chemicals to finish the Van der Waals' cannon and oxidise our brains. I ever heard that they got the whole equation out already!"
Maths HOD: " Good grievous! Vito Volterra bless us! We got to win this. Stop their progress while you can, the great works of Issac Newton must not be losted. We're the sole protectors of it. Those people from Physics, what do they know about him. He's a mathematician! Not a physicist! $%^^&*^$#%. Put the maths test there to deter their progress. Everyone start setting questions NOW! Nobody is to rest until we got at least 20 marks worth of questions! And once we get our Fermat's Last theorem out, it's all over for them..."
Thus due to the internal feuds between the various departments, there can be no peace...
Of course this is just a story and no means to represent anyone. But it's always a wonder to me why there is a need of so many staff rooms. And they are far apart too. But I guess that teachers are humans too. They are just like students. They need friends, they hate other people who are not with them or they find disgusting. It's the human nature. But I am quite interested to know about staffroom politics. I don't believe in perfect harmony within the staffs. If you can't even find a stench of harmony between a small group of people. A movie about this could be interesting, we can learn a lot from it and it would even be in the Oscars by the start of next year. Of course these are some of my random ideas which I came across during this week.
Another interesting thing was that I finally lost to someone in my class for the position of class rep. There was a voting and sadly I lost. In the build up to the contest, it was quite clear that he would win by a big margin but in the end I put in a good fight despite doing nothing of gaining votes or publicising myself. But nevertheless, things in my reality are never perfect. In life it's all about giving and taking. We can't expect to do everything. Like if everyone's the rich guy, where's the poor guy? To be honest, the feeling of losing is never nice but somethings I got to admit it. I lost fairly and hold no grudges to anyone. I wish that I can be or have some leadership opportunities in the distant future and I know that there will be. So it was a bittersweet experience for me. What's more, there are more important things I value than these leadership things.
That somewhat concludes my week, there is only more to do, more to ponder I fear. The world have never been easy but now it suddenly got worse. Luckily there's still code geass to look forward to. And theCrew have much bigger plans for the world, so there's really no need to despair.

No comments: