Friday, June 6, 2008

theCrew outing and a summary of another week

Yes we did it. theCrew went back to mshs and we finished our very important mission of collecting our certificates and the pinafore run. It was well worth it to see back my old friends in the very same hostile environment where it all begins. The school never changed much since I walked off from it after the O levels. But there were some new features like a overhead shelter covering one part of the school. So when I stepped into the school, it was like Indiana Jones walking into the Temple of Doom. I sense danger with all the mindless and hapless students of the school roaming around like zombies. But my job was not to waste these people. It was to collect my certificate and escape before the impeding doom arrives. So I rendezvous with theCrew and started our ascend towards the General Office of mshs. I never liked that place. Cause all the big evils of the school are there, their job is not to facilitate students, but to humiliate students. Well I can recall all the instants where people told me how they got scolded when getting a form or when the person needs to leave early. I personally never went there often, since I know the risk involved. But that day was different. I knew I won't be coming back so I got to get the certificate. We stepped in and the personal at the reception table stared at us. That person knew we were graduates coming back to collect our belongings. So she initiated the attack. " What's your name, class and index number.." I clearly couldn't remember my index number. It was the toughest question posed to my in my status as an ex-student of the school. But lucky, with theCrew around, it was a piece of cake. My friend and classmate, Wei Ren said 5, and I wrote it down. Then the person came back with all the certificate and year book. We signed some stupid paper, collected the various items and went out, on the way we meet Mr Kwok and Chen as always posed all the stupid questions for him. It was our farewell gift to him I guess, after all those years of hardship under him. On the way to the bus stop, Jon and Elliot started playing their own games. And we just watched. Then we celebrated our victory with our 2nd most favourite food(1st was the ban mian in Roxy square), Subway. We ordered our sandwiches and tasted the flavour of victory.
The other days of the week meanwhile was not well spent, I practically didn't do much of anything. It was just some light reading here and there, went out for the Guitar BBQ which was another fun filled event. Saw the Pre U seminar sandcastle at the food court of East coast park. It is notable that there are still two more week of holidays left. I somehow feels that time during the holiday is much faster than in school. Meanwhile there is Euro 2008 to watch and I am ready to catch up on football again after the English Premier league ended. Yeah, so it's the end of another week.

No comments: