Sunday, December 21, 2008

Before Xmas

Well, the festive season is here again. It's been a long year, a lot have happened and finally Christmas. It is probably the most important day in the calendar besides Good Friday and Easter Sunday for a Christian like me. But personally, I love Christmas more than any other holidays, I have always been skeptical about Chinese New Year or some other days. Especially after debates whether Dragon Boat festival is from China or Korea plays a part. The verdict would probably be based on the best dumplings. Christmas is the type of holiday which is calm and peaceful(suits my personality) unlike Chinese New Year which is all the rush and bustling with noise and anything red. That's why I loathe the idea of Christmas discounts or the "Shop till you drop" mentally of people. Just keep it simply, have a meal with family members. Although I must really admit there are plenty of good deals out there. The Detroit Three is a great deal, 3 for the price of 1.(Assuming the original price is at the height of their history). What's more it comes with the Autobots as your personal security guard from GM. They can help to protect you and your family from villians before Superman or Batman arrives. No food or drinks needed, just Allspark fragments which to humans is just seashells from the seashore. But the very very quintessential function is to protect your daughters or to a lesser extent your wives from vampires. Yes, vampires. The burgeoning effect and obssession of Twilight on girls is on a scale never seen before. Genghis Khan would surrender his Mongol army if they are pitted against the "zombified" teenagers. The cause of the phenomenon of Twilight on girls is unknown especially if you're a guy. I have not read the book yet, but I have doubts that I will like it and I'll say this book is not for me and I will stick to my books instead, namely LOTR which is the closest(but not too close) trilogy I have to Twilight. In order to protect my computer and blog from virus of angered Twilight fans or even personal security( I don't intend to buy the Detroit 3 and Left 4 Dead is not the answer to zombies), I shall rest my case. Speaking of virus, Internet Explorer is said to have loopholes in its browser to allow hackers to get you. I have always trusted Open sources and this really justifies the choice of switching your browser from the buggy and unreliable IE for Firefox, Opera or Chrome. I wouldn't be surprised if the virus/malware is codenamed "Master Chief" or " Marcus Fenix". To the world of sports, it was a great week of football but don't go telling that to people in my country, they were unfortunate to go down and lost in a competition they enjoyed and were supposed to be good at. The really good part was that Arsenal was never beaten by any big four clubs this season and only the referee stand between victory and a draw and we got a draw. I think we deserved a draw with Liverpool since we'll never walk alone right? Anyway if you don't have a clue of what to buy for your friends, here's a great idea.Introducing Flame from Burger King, which is a body spray to make you smell like well, you guess it a Whopper. So enjoy the holidays while you still can because everyone's going to say 2009 is not going to be a good year.

No comments: