Friday, July 11, 2008

Playing host and finally reading a book.

Well, blogging had became frequent these days, I don't really know why but there are very important things that I would like to write down. As my results are all in, I somewhat have an idea of my goals and strategies for the upcoming schools days. Like how a football season ends and it transit into the transfer period, there are things to complete for the next major barrier in life. Of course there are lots of speculation and disappointment in the air. I've never liked the result collection. It is morale crashing and tiring. Looking at past mistakes and having the feeling of dysphoria that you could have done better is ever so nostalgic. But those are the past now, no more remorse.
Last week, some visitors from my homeland came to visit my family, and there are some middle school students too. Their purpose of visiting is for their school's foreign trip to visit a foreign country. Of course, with my personality, you can say that I'm not that comfortable with new people. But I'm glad to say that I tried my best. I can offer them the best hospitality like going to Merlion and eating some local delicacies. Paper prata was their favourite food. I won't argue about that too, Indian food is nice. We took some photos and have memories which would stick to us for a life time. I'm quite sure that they would learn something meaningful for their lifetime gaining a broader prespective of the world. I too have a great desire to travel and see the world. Not just America or the European countries but maybe the southest point of Argentina where it is closest to the south pole.(This idea was inspired by a Taiwanese traveller for a television programme, sometimes I feel that Taiwanese people owns all Asians like my homeland people and some others)
And I'm finally reading a book! Not that I have any time but I started a few pages. The book is Saul Mellow's "Mr Sammler's Planet". I found that my sibling borrowed it from the library a few weeks ago and I read a few pages. Was a complicated book but it was a good book. Anyway, I have not really read a book since high school. So it was hard, my eyes were tired easily and I felt that I was just reading and not understanding it. Which I spend quite some time on the same page reading it again and again. Thus wasting quite a amount of time.
One very regrettable thing this week is that I couldn't meet my friend Jon at his own institution of higher study when I need to do a survey there. There seems to be some miscommunication and other factors like my own school mates who accompanied me on this trip. So super sorry for Jon for missing him and making him wait at his school. Hope you would not be angry. That's I would dedicate this song for you as an apology. It's O2 by orange range, it's in code geass and it rocks.

And Shiawase Neiro by Orange Range again. This is the ending song for code geass. I personally like O2 more but this is good too.

No comments: