Thursday, February 21, 2008

The dilemma JAE and the end of "play and enjoy"(Pae)

Sometimes things are just not what you wish to be. When you wish to just settle down and get on with life, things just change. I had seen this many times, in my high school and now, again. Suddenly, 8am in the morning on a particular day, the whole world suddenly shifted without waiting for you. Once again, there is uncertainty lingering in the surrounding, blocking our vision and hindering our future. Time is wasted, money is wasted and my energy and patience is spent just trying to get used to it again. It's not easy especially with nemesis coming back from high school to haunt you down. It is a living nightmare that never dies, no matter how hard we try. That's the curse of my high school. I never like to complain loud but sometimes we need to voice out. I don't want to screw others on my blog. I just want to lament out the pities of this system. Now, our play time's over, the A levels allow no mistakes and it would be like a orbital bombardment on our brains with extreme ruthlessness and precision. Victory allows no explanation, defeat allows none. This is the reality of education. I accept it. But what I really feel disgruntled about is that at least this system shouldn't break up our lives. We have friends during our trial period and now they are either kicked out or have moved on. For those who moved on, congratulations. But those that are kicked out, it is really a bad move. Why do our batch always have the worse things. Next year, there is no more of this and we are the last of the last to get this treatment. We should all go back and lick our wounds while we can. I really hate it when other humans in much higher positions try to play around with our lives and make decisions on behalf of us.
Anyway I decided to stick to my PAE combination, I have considered maybe a better proposition with a different combination but in the end, I couldn't take a step out of my comfort zone, maybe I'm just confused or something. But I was never a born entrepreneur. Sorry Alvin, Han Cong or all those who moved on to what you all think is best for you. I really admire your courage. You'll all do well.

No comments: